ENJOY YOUR RECREATIONAL FIRES SAFELY THIS SUMMER!
Minneapolis Fire Department wants you to enjoy your recreational fires safely this summer. Here are the allowed parameters for recreational fires in Minneapolis:
· Only burn unpainted, untreated wood
· Amount of wood burning should be 3 ft wide and 2 ft high or less
· A non-combustible fire barrier at least 6 inches high must be used, such as a fire ring, fire pit, chiminea, or enclosed free standing fire pit
· Recreational fires must be at least 25 feet from a house, garage, wood fence, or other combustible material or structure
· Rec fires must be constantly attended by at least one person 18yo or older
· You must have something readily available to put out the fire – such as a garden hose, buckets of sand, and/or a class 4-A portable fire extinguisher
If you have any questions about recreational fires, or have any other fire safety questions or concerns, please call Minneapolis 311, or visit Minneapolis Fire Department’s website: www.minneapolismn.gov/fire
If you live outside of Minneapolis, please contact your local fire department to find out what types of recreational fires are allowed in your municipality.